Still in the packaging.
Pretty for all occasions!
Some Uses and Benefits:
- Great for 1 handed work.
- Good set of brakes or tongue pressure. Has authority if needed.
- The mouthpiece will apply pressure to the tongue ONLY when contact is made not before.
- The medium shank allows the rider to soften their hands (not needing to pull as you do in a snaffle).
- Good for pushy horses or those that run through the bit.
- Great for fat tongued horses.
- The curb action (with a curb chain) will use leverage and therefore will ask for more attention from the horse while keeping your hands soft.
- The mouthpiece gives room for the tongue. It will not interfere with horse when there is slack in the reins. Horse is more comfortable. Able to swallow easily.
- When on contact, there is no nutcracker effect as in a jointed mouthpiece. Keeps the horse calmer!
Not Suitable for:
- Is not forgiving with really rough or quick hands. Anyone with no patience would be better in a snaffle until better trained.
- Advanced riders will like the fact that the bit aids in softer signals.
- Horse that has not be been introduced to curbs or C ports slowly.
- Or a horse that is a beginner and doesn't understand leverage.
- Horse has to understand rein cues already.
- Mouthpieces are 7/16" thick and is sweet iron. ie. tastes good to the horse.
New or Used: New
Mouthpiece: Randy Branch C port sweet iron.
Shank: 7 1/2" Antique shank with silver diamond and dots, poly connector
Level: 2-3 or LTP/GTR (little tongue pressure, good tongue relief)
Price: $30Cdn (HST included) ($53+HST= $60 new)
For more information on bits, Myler Bitting System Philosophy, bitting levels, etc, please see the many articles on this website or contact me for help on the uses of this bit.
Please contact me if you're interested in purchasing.