New or Used: New
Size: 5 1/4"
Manufacturer: Myler by Toklat (production version)
Mouthpiece: Myler Low Port Barrel (MB04)
Shank: Eggbutt (no hooks)
Level: 2 or FTP/STR (Far bit of Tongue Pressure, Some Tongue Relief)
Price: $95Cdn (HST included) ($95+HST=107.35 elsewhere) (shipping and handling will be based on your location)
- Independent side movement of shank. Great for lateral work.
- Copper inlay in mouthpiece. Great for salivation. Helps horse to stay calm.
- Swivel shank for more guided lateral movement or direct reining.
- Curved mouthpiece creates more room for horse's tongue as opposed to a bit that goes across the mouth or jointed (nutcracker effect. Nasty). ie. Humane.
- Ported mouthpieces give more room for the horse to lift the bit and swallow so it's more humane to have a port instead of a flat/mullen or jointed mouthpiece.
- Mouthpieces are 7/16" thick. New larger thickness available as preferred by English riders.
- Most mouthpieces are sweet iron. ie. tastes good to the horse. No stainless steel or others that create dry mouth.
Some Uses and Benefits:
- Rein position is good for training. Teaching a horse to give to bit pressure.
- Can't lift shoulders very well.
- Good for English riders who like the look of the shank.
- Used for English and Western show events.
- The mouthpiece gives some room for the tongue. Much better than a single or double jointed mouthpiece where the nutcracker effect causes pain or discomfort.
- No Hooks to create a fixed position for headstall and reins. Will not have some leverage action or use the Independent Side movement. ie. life shoulders, lateral movement.
For more information on bits, Myler Bitting System Philosophy, bitting levels, etc, please see the many articles on this website or contact me for help on the uses of this bit.
Please contact me if you're interested in purchasing.
Post a Comment