New or Used: Used
Manufacturer: Myler by Toklat (production version)
Mouthpiece: Myler Low Port Pelhum Barrel (MB04)
Shank: Myler Pelhum
Level: 2 or FTP/STR (Far bit of Tongue Pressure, Some Tongue Relief)
Total Price: $125Cdn (HST included)
(was $165+HST=186.45 new) (shipping and handling will be based on your location)
- Independent side movement of shank. Great for lateral work.
- Copper inlay in mouthpiece. Great for salivation. Helps horse to relax.
- Swivel shank for more guided lateral movement or direct reining.
- Curved mouthpiece creates more room for horse's tongue as opposed to a bit that goes across the mouth or jointed (nutcracker effect. Nasty). ie. Humane.
- Ported mouthpieces give more room for the horse to lift the bit and swallow so it's more humane to have a port instead of a flat/mullen or jointed mouthpiece.
- Mouthpieces are 7/16" thick. New larger thickness available as preferred by English riders.
- Most mouthpieces are sweet iron. ie. tastes good to the horse. No stainless steel or others that create dry mouth.
Some Uses and Benefits:
- Multiple rein positions good for training.
- Middle ring acts as a snaffle for training.
- Bottom ring acts like a curb bit.
- Good for English riders who like the look of the shank.
- The short shank allows the rider to soften their hands (not needing to pull so hard like in a snaffle - no shanks).
- The curb action (with a curb chain) will use leverage and therefore will ask for more attention from the horse.
- The mouthpiece gives some room for the tongue. I start horses in this mouthpiece. It will not interfere with horse when there is slack in the reins.
For more information on bits, Myler Bitting System Philosophy, bitting levels, etc, please see the many articles on this website or contact me for help on the uses of this bit.
Please contact me if you're interested in purchasing.
Post a Comment