Advanced Lessons are available to you to improve your success with your horse!
Learn any of the advanced type of western riding skills with reining principles in mind.
- - Need help with showing? Want to learn strategies that helped me win 2 Reining Canada Top 10 Championships?
- Learn how to compete well in a western discipline.
- Learn advanced skills like reining maneuvers. Learn flying lead changes. Spins? etc..
- LEADS: Want to get your leads spot on each time?
- Work on Steering, stopping.
- TURNS: Get great turns like rollbacks?
Train the Trainer Program
- Learn how to fix your horses problems.
- Learn to train your own horse.
- Learn to start a horse under saddle.
Customers who have had their horses trained by me can learn what your horse has been newly trained to do.
$50/hr. (tax included).
Lesson Program Information
• Students will use their own horse in lessons.
• Lessons will have an overall emphasis of fun, respect and safety.
• Lessons are progressive in nature building on previous skills learned towards the discussed goal.
All lessons are an exchange of cooperative dialog between coach and student.
It’s a team effort towards the student’s goal.
In other words... it's a customized program for you!
(Gone are the days when your instructor yelled at you during a lesson.. :)
• I ride my horse to demo what I am teaching.
• Since each student progresses at their own rate, lesson results will vary depending on the student’s learning curve and passion for learning.
• At the start of each lesson, previous material is reviewed and any issues are worked on. A lesson plan is followed but is flexible as per requirements.
• Lesson Format: warm up, progressive training and then a cool down.
• Lesson time doesn’t include tack/untack unless that is the skill being learned.
• Student is expected to have their horse tacked up and warmed up and ready for the start of each lesson.
• All lessons are based on effective horsemanship methods and are reining based including body control and reining fundamentals (ie. western performance horse development).
• A lesson(s) on bitting and the Myler Bitting System philosophy is encouraged and expected.
• Anything I train, teach or lecture on can be given in a lesson. This includes 'train the trainer'.
• Susan Dahl as coach shall teach and perform all services in accordance with generally accepted professional standards of NCCP coaching and effective horsemanship.
• Lesson material and possibly voluntary homework may be given for practise between lessons. All students are encouraged to practise their new skills.
• For general riding lessons, all students will be encouraged to learn/reinforce excellent ground manners on the horse such as respecting your space, standing while tied, grooming, leading and general handling.
• For colt-starting lessons, students will learn/reinforce colt starting, such as the horse accepting saddle, bridle, rider, lateral and vertical flexion, walk, jog, trot and lope, stop, backup and turns. See colt starting outline.
• For foundation or western performance horse development lessons, the student will learn body control reining fundamentals where you learn to move/control all the main body parts. To teach a horse balance, softness, lightness, cadence, flexibility, and strength.
• For reining lessons, the student will learn western performance horse development (body control reining fundamentals) and all reining maneuvers. A reining horse is required for this.
• All advanced ridden work may include the introduction of ranch cow work based on a mechanical cow/flag.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me to book a lesson.
Putting my spin on education - 1 lesson at a time.