Part of the Show Bit Collection.
Pretty for all occasions!
Some Uses and Benefits:
- Good for 1 handed work. And quiet 2 handed work.
- The mouthpiece will help with head-set or bringing the horse on the vertical. Why not have a bit that helps you help a horse to learn easier!
- The short shank allows the rider to soften their hands (not needing to pull so hard like in a snaffle - no shanks).
- Very forgiving bit suitable for a lot of horses.
- The curb action (with a curb chain) will use leverage and therefore will ask for more attention from the horse while keeping your hands soft.
- The mouthpiece gives great room for the tongue. It will not interfere with horse when there is slack in the reins. Horse is more comfortable. Able to swallow easily.
- When on contact, the port allows the horse room for it's tongue so they are more comfortable and can still swallow. Keeps the horse calmer!
Not Suitable for:
- Is forgiving with rough or quick hands. Anyone not in an extreme sport and/or has no patience would be better in a snaffle until better trained.
- Beginners who are learning to use reins for communication. Need some slight skill at using reins unless the horse is really dull in the mouth.
- Riders who wants to advance into softer, quieter signals.
- Just started under saddle and learning their job. Need a horse who understands rein cues a little bit.
- Horse who wants rider to stop hanging on the mouth with contact. (ie. leave my mouth alone). The horse will thank you for it.
New or Used: New
Mouthpiece: Sweet Iron Hinged Low Port Correctional with copper Barrel
Shank: 7 1/4" Stainless Steel Silver trimmed S shank
Level: 2-3 or LTP/GTR (little tongue pressure, great tongue relief)
Price: $50Cdn (HST included) ($53+HST= $60 new)
For more information on bits, Myler Bitting System Philosophy, bitting levels, etc, please see the many articles on this website or contact me for help on the uses of this bit.
Please contact me if you're interested in purchasing.